Saturday

It wasn't a fish

One of the coolest experiences I had while snorkeling around Bali was seeing a large, fluttery green leaf falling lazily toward the sea floor. Suddenly it sprung to life and swam back toward the surface, hung there for a few moments, then fell again in graceful swirls. I've looked at photos of fish for weeks trying to find this thing, and now am branching out to: nudibranches and polyclad flatworms! Two of the best sites for images of the many forms and colors of these creatures are:
nudipixel.com (if you dont' know a genus from a suborder, just click on the photo menu!)
and
marine flatworms of the world  (this one also has some lovely nudibranch photos)

I still haven't been able to identify all the fish and other fauna I've seen in the waters within a short boat trip of Bali, and don't doubt I'll find more on my next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment